July 4th Parade & Party
Join your neighbors for a July 4th Parade and Picnic, 3:30 – 8:00 PM, Tuesday July 4. Here’s the low-down on the day’s festivities:
• Kids Bike Parade: Have your child decorate their bike, wagon or stroller and join us at the activity lot at 3:20 PM. From there we’ll hold a parade down to the site of the party.
• Picnic-Party: Bryan and Stephanie Weede (622 Emery Road) have graciously offered their yard as site for a picnic and party. There will be an inflatable and water balloons for the kids, grilled burgers & dogs, and family-friendly fireworks as the evening goes on.
What you need to do/bring:
1. RSVP by Friday noon (6/30) (RSVP on the Riedlonn Facebook page)
2. Bring a few dollars to contribute toward the day’s expenses
3. Bring a side dish for the picnic
4. Bring your favorite adult beverage
5. Bathing suit/change of clothes for the kids
Having trouble RSVPing?
Let us know you are coming by emailing email@example.com.
You may recall taking a short survey in 2014 regarding priorities for Riedlonn. Residents indicated at that time that they supported looking into upgraded street signs for their ability to:
- add to the identity and feel of the neighborhood.
- enhance visual appeal and charm.
- complement the sense of character of the homes.
- boost property values.
Given this positive response, the Riedlonn Board of Governors obtained and evaluated three quotes for street signs. Through this process, the board identified a local, well-respected vendor who has worked with other area neighborhoods and knows the regulatory parameters of the Department of Public Works. You may view samples of the company’s street signs here, and the above image shows possible designs for Riedlonn street signs (click here to view larger).
At this point, we are reaching out to our friends and neighbors to share our findings. In order to move forward, we would need to raise $16,000 for the cast aluminum signs, which cost a bit more than other options but are expected to wear much better.
Plans call for these funds to be raised through a suggested donation of $140 per household. This donation is not tax deductible and would be added to the 2016 dues. If the funds are raised this spring, work to replace the existing signs could begin as early as this summer.
However, if the full amount is not raised, we may pursue less expensive options. If no option is funded, we will return any money collected. We will provide regular fundraising updates and share any construction dates as possible.
If you have any questions or comments about the project, please contact either your governor or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Riedlonn Board of Governors
[singlepic id=76 w= h= float=center]
We had 16 households involved in the yard sale, and most reported that it was a big success. The weather was perfect all weekend, and the picnic was a huge success! We had live music, balloon animals, great food, corn hole, and BINGO! We gave away $100 to five different BINGO winners, and two different households won trees during the coverall.
Thanks to all who made the weekend so phenomenal.
While there will be no Holiday House Tour this year, Brad and Lilly Unroe have graciously volunteered to host a Christmas Open House on Sunday, December 14, from 2 to 4 PM. Bring yourself and a friend and enjoy some festive cheer with your neighbors.
Christmas Open House
Brad and Lilly Unroe
2816 Riedling Drive
December 14, 2 – 4 PM
Like to have your home on the 2015 Holiday House Tour? Visit the contact page and let us know.